Buying in Grand Bend
One of the first things buyers need to understand is that there are very few situations where you would not want to use a Buyer Sales Representative
Buying Grand Bend Real Estate – Residential
If you’re thinking about purchasing a home or cottage in Grand Bend, Ontario, you have come to the right place. Very few markets exist with such an extreme level of diversity. Sure, there are always premium homes and budget-oriented properties within close proximity in most Ontario real estate markets. In Grand Bend however, you get it all in the same friendly neighborhood!
We can bring our buyers through a multi-million dollar lakefront masterpiece and a nice cozy winterized cottage in the woods, with a price tag coming in 90% lower than the previous property, both within moments of Grand Bend’s many world class amenities.
Needless to say, the real estate market in this vacation destination turned four season community is an adventure for buyers, and one that begs for the assistance of a Sales Representative. If you choose to work with Mike Sloan*, I will find the perfect match for you. Whether it’s a condo, apartment, building lot, hobby farm; even that dreamy lake front cottage with your very own private beach or that secluded, tucked-away home in Huron Woods with your own trail leading into the Pinery Provincial Park; finding that property with us can be as easy as 1-2-3! To make things even easier, I provide my buyers with links to the standard Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) legal forms that one would typically encounter when purchasing a home in Ontario. With me providing this information ahead of time, my buyers may educate themselves as to what type of paperwork is involved in a typical purchase.
About this Process
One of the first things buyers need to understand is that there are very few situations where you would not want to use a Buyer Sales Representative. This is particularly true when buying Grand Bend real estate because property values can vary so dramatically from one location to another. I can’t tell you how many times my friends have said right to my face “Well, I thought about calling you, but my parents said to go directly to the Listing Real Estate Brokerage to get the best deal.” Such a statement may have been true 30 years ago, but not today. Today, it is the Listing Real Estate Brokerage’s fiduciary responsibility to secure the highest possible price for their client when selling a home. And in most cases, if you go directly to the Listing Real Estate Brokerage, the rate of commission that the seller is paying once the property sells with only one Sales Representative is likely the same as or very close to the rate of commission that the seller pays if the property sells with two Sales Representatives.
The difference is, if you bring in another Sales Representative as a buyer, it is that Sales Representative’s fiduciary responsibility to secure the lowest possible price for the property you are looking to purchase. And at the end of day, the seller is paying the commission anyway. See how silly it is not to use a Buyer Sales Representative? Now of course, there are exceptions to this rule when it comes to private sales and certain types listings that involve a discounted rate of commission. Even in those cases however, I am the type of Sales Representative that is still willing to help out a buyer regardless of the commission earned.
A good business relationship is always worth more in the future than cash in my pocket today.
Call For a Quote:
Buying Grand Bend Real Estate – Commercial
Compared to your average big city market, Commercial property in Grand Bend is an entirely different animal as the bulk of our commercial property is only operational on a seasonal basis. Although this town is slowly transforming to allow room for more full year commercial opportunities, it’s the seasonal properties that really bring in the big bucks. I will typically have some commercial properties in my collection of Grand Bend listings at any given time. Consequently, I am learning more about the ins and outs of commercial operations in Lambton Shores. Call me any time at (519) 870-7650 to learn more.
Let's Sell Something Together
It probably won’t take you long to realize that I am not in real estate to take people’s money. I’m in real estate to earn it! On that note, I will leave you with one of my favorite real estate quotes:
“It is a comfortable feeling to know that you stand on your own ground.”
– Anthony Trollope, famous 19th Century English Novelist
Who is Mike Sloan?
Mike Sloan is a tenured / full-contract marketing professor in the Lawrence Kinlin School of Business at Fanshawe College and also a licensed Realtor with Royal LePage Triland Realty, Brokerage serving Ontario’s West Coast and beyond.
Why is Mike Sloan right for you?
- Marketing & economic expertise from Southwestern Ontario’s only Marketing Professor Realtor
- Professionally written listing / ad copy from a marketing practitioner and self-glorified grammar addict
- Grand Bend’s Only SMO Champion – Top-Rated User in Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for “Grand Bend”, “Grand Bend Real Estate”, and “Ontario Real Estate”
- Magazine quality professional photo shoots tailored to marketing plan
- Professionally scripted & produced custom voice over indoor virtual and outdoor aerial tours in YouTube HD
- Direct connection with one Michigan’s highest producing Realtors for harvesting of American buyers
- Professionally produced income value propositions for any commercial properties providing an accurate rate of capitalization against carrying costs in both PDF and video / voice over format.
- Individual WordPress Web Presence & Ongoing Paid Web Advertising
- SEO tailored to your property
- Ongoing Facebook, Adwords, YouTube SEM Advertising Campaigns (in lieu of useless print advertising)
- Mulit-board Listing on both LSTAR and TREB when appropriate + TREB print advertising in Chinese News
Do you have Commission Rates?
Full Service Executive Listing (List Price of $1.6 Million & Higher)
Including Every Feature from the List Above
- 3.5% to 4% with two Realtors depending on market rates of cooperating brokerage in neighborhood
- Listing Brokerage (Sloan) with Two Realtors: 2% of selling price + HST
- Cooperating Brokerage (Buyer’s Realtor, if involved): Recommended offering to be at least 1.5% to 2% + HST of selling price
- 2.5% with one Realtor
- Listing Brokerage (Sloan) Represents both Sides: 2.5% of selling price + HST
What is it like selling a home in Grand Bend?
Selling a home can be a confusing and complicated process. Selecting a salesperson and deciding on a price will be two key decisions. The cost of selling a home, involving quality marketing and customer service, is also a very important consideration. To get the best price for your house, it should be exposed to as many buyers as is possible. Marketing involves much more than simply submitting your for sale listing to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Marketing also involves identifying your target market (the buyer) and the features and accompanying benefits that might attract that buyer to your property.
How I solve your problems!
I will be with you throughout the entire selling process anticipating and solving the variety of issues than can arise with a home sale. Frequently, for example, buyers need to sell their own home in order to purchase yours. It is often difficult to maintain control and also complete the proper paperwork in circumstances such as these. This is just one example of the many commonplace issues with which I am very skilled at handling.